Friday, April 4, 2008

Green Wave to Green Bay


So...NFL Draft Countdown has Matt Forte, RB from my alma mater Tulane, going to Green Bay with the 56th pick. I have no idea where he will end up but there is the possibility he could wear the Black and Gold. We don't REALLY need him, but don't be surprised if we take him as part of our "best player available" strategy. Regardless, it's nice to see the Green Wave being represented in this years draft by a great athlete.

For those of you who don't know, he finished second in the NCAA last season in total yards at 2127 (thats more than McFadden). I know, I know...he may not have had to play against good teams week in and week out but I really like the way he runs. Someone to keep your eyes on. I hope he gains even more success in the NFL.

Former Tulane grads Shaun King, Patrick Ramsey, Mewelde Moore and Roydell Williams have all had a modicum of success, but Green Wave fans are still waiting for someone to take it to that next level.

If Green Bay goes with Forte he will be the second Tulane player to also play for Green Bay.
The other? Max Mcgee, hero of the first Superbowl. The man got wasted the night before the big game yet tallied 138 yards and 2 TD's. 'Nuff said. McGee died last October.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget about J.P. Losman up in Buffalo. RB Marshawn Lynch was a surprise rookie last season and a key component in the Bills' exciting offense. Don't be shocked if Malcolm Kelly, WR Oklahoma is who the Bills target with their 11th overall selection, creating a perfect WR corps (Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish) that can help take Losman's game to the next level.

Dave said...

I don't know how I forgot J.P. He played while I was in school!

Thank you for that!