Saturday, March 29, 2008

Whose your favorite Saint?

You may or may not have seen this. If you have, I think its worth watching again. And again. And yet again. If you haven't...prepare to be amazed.



The behind the back catch doesn't amaze me (someone yells "ball", alerting him that its coming)so much as the last one, in which he stares the ball down and spins his arm around completely before actually catching it. ONE HANDED!!

Displays of skill like this amaze me. I really almost don't believe it. Are there special effects at work in this video?

Colston is my favorite player. For different reasons:

First of all, he played for Hofstra in Hempstead, NY my hometown.

Also, so far in his career, he has been consistent. I know its only been 2 years, but he has been Drew's favorite target.

On top of that, I love his personality. Quiet Storm they call him. Very religious. He is no where near a Terrell Owens or a Chad Johnson type. Rarely do you see him celebrate. When he makes a catch, he always just gives the ball a little flip. (actually, he always flips it very quickly after the catch. I am always worried one day he will flip the ball too early and the ball will still be in play!)

He is a Cinderella story. Second to last pick in the entire NFL draft and he is one of the most talented receivers in the league. Payton and staff did a great job finding this diamond in the rough. And we were only paying him league minimum. What a deal!

Hopefully when it comes time for him to get paid, he wont start doggin' it. He doesn't seem like the type though.

I think this kid is for real. Proud to wear his jersey.

So now I want to know...Who is your favorite player and why?

2 comments:

Tazzie51 said...

Just found your site the other day.
Also sent it to my son.
This site is fantastic.
My favorite Saint?
1) Drew
2) Duec
3) Marques
I could go on but I am a little bias.

Dave said...

Thank you tazzie. I really appreciate that. Please help spread the word, and check back often. Your comments and feedback are always appreciated and are what will make this site better! Anything you would want to see in the future, just let me know.